Friday 2 April 2010

Divine Beauty: Love Unto the End

Popule meus, quid feci tibi?
Aut in quo contristavi te? Responde mihi.
Quia eduxi te de terra Aegypti:
parasti Crucem Salvatori tuo.

My people, what have I done to thee?
Or wherein have I afflicted thee? Answer me.
Because I led thee out of the land of Egypt,
thou hast prepared a Cross for thy Saviour.



Crux fidelis, inter omnes
Arbor una nobilis:
Nulla silva talem profert,
Fronde, flore, germine.
Dulce lignum, dulce clavo,
Dulce pondus sustinens.

Faithful Cross! above all other,
one and only noble Tree!
None in foliage, none in blossom,
none in fruit thy peers may be;
sweetest wood and sweetest iron!
Sweetest Weight is hung on thee!

1 comment:

  1. Gideon,
    I don't know if you still check your blog, but I have a friend in the marines working at the embassy in Copenhagen who is looking for preferably a Tridentine Mass (Traditional Latin Mass) or a very conservative Novus Ordo. Would you happen to have any recommendations?
    You can contact me through the email on my blog or just leave a comment. Thank you so much! God bless!
    Sincerely,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete